My Books

My Books
These books may be purchased from Schiffer Publishing, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Walmart, Target and in many other fine stores.

Check out my design on Zazzle!

Thursday, June 3, 2010

What Are Google Alerts?

When I was a new artist, it took me about two or three years to get on various many mailing lists of art events and calls to artists. Now I am on so many mailing lists, I can hardly keep up.

However, all artists who wish to exhibit their artwork and compete professionally should always be proactive not only for researching calls to artists for submissions but to also keep up to date in their medium. I spend about an hour or more a week doing this and it has resulted in opportunities for me and broadened my knowledge of recycled glass.

Google alerts allow you to set up fixed search (query) terms where google will search the web for those terms and email you the results daily. For example, I have google alerts for "recycled glass" , "call to artists" etc.

You can choose your query terms and set this up at http://www.google.com/alerts

No comments:

Post a Comment