My Books

My Books
These books may be purchased from Schiffer Publishing, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Walmart, Target and in many other fine stores.

Check out my design on Zazzle!

Monday, June 14, 2010

Artist Email Scams

Since most artists have websites and their email addresses are easily available, it is not surprising when we receive email scams asking to "buy" our work. Here is one that I received below. This person wants to buy my work but does not mention my name, medium and does not even know my website address. The spelling and sentence structure alone makes me cringe.

For some strange reason, I do not think Mr. Matthew Joe and I will be doing any business soon. ;) Maybe I will ask him how many upcoming books on Recycled Glass Sculpture and Design he would like to order?


Subject: art order

From: Matthew Joe

Date:Mon, Jun 14, 2010 12:32 pm

Hi Dear,

My name is Matthew Joe, i will like to order for some piece of your work from your studio as gift for my parent are celebrating their wedding anniversary, so i will be glad to have your reply as soon as possible, i will be glad if you can send me your website address to choose or send me four of your product via email that is available for me to choose.

Waiting to read from you today.so that we can make some progress.

I will be waiting to read from you at you convinet time.

thanks
Matthew Joe.

No comments:

Post a Comment