My Books

My Books
These books may be purchased from Schiffer Publishing, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Walmart, Target and in many other fine stores.

Check out my design on Zazzle!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Glassline Paint for Glass



Glassline makes a series of paints in 3.5 oz. bottles that are compatible with float, 90 COE and 96 COE glass. I have applied this paint directly to the inside of a cast plaster and silica mold and the glass casting does pick up some of the color but not uniformly. The difficulty is that the paints can be fired up to 1500 degrees an I am typically firing recycled glass over 1500 degrees so some of the color flakes off. You also have to use a large amount of the paint so a 3.5 oz bottle does not last very long. However, if you use too much paint, the paint layer will crack.

The paints work great if you are placing them between multiple layers of glass or using them to outline a design. They can also be spray painted onto glass by mixing with water which I have not yet tried.

Try them out at:

http://www.sundanceglass.com/glassline-glass-line-pens-paints-fusing.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment