My Books

My Books
These books may be purchased from Schiffer Publishing, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Walmart, Target and in many other fine stores.

Check out my design on Zazzle!

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Major Progress!

I now have all 40 dragonflies adhered to the posts and it looks great. I still need to do finishing caulking around the edges to give it a nice clean finish.  I am also working on fusing the recycled blue glass bottle pieces for the bottom of the concrete vessel. So I hope I can finish this up by this coming weekend.  The county will then add 12 inches of soil so that the pond is flush with the ground and the posts will have more soil added around them as well.  Dwarf grasses will be added as a landscape feature to help camouflage the posts.

Here is a picture of the marine adhesive that I used.  It is great and allows for the expansion and contraction of the glass but it is impossible to remove it from your hands.  Even a small pin point of it acts like a tar and is seems to spread onto anything near it like a magnet.


No comments:

Post a Comment