My Books

My Books
These books may be purchased from Schiffer Publishing, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Walmart, Target and in many other fine stores.

Check out my design on Zazzle!

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Adhering the Dragonflies to the Metal Plates

I was able to get about 24 dragonflies adhered to the plates today but still need to go back and caulk in any gaps between the glass and the plate.  I heard many great comments and a lot of enthusiasm for this sculpture from visitors in the park. Children are always very enthusiastic for anything to do with recycled glass and ask the best questions.  I was explaining some of the symbolism behind the name of the sculpture ("Destination") and one little girl asked if the different colors and sizes of the dragonflies symbolize that people came in all shapes and sizes and colors.  I told her she was exactly right.

The black adhesive worked great and already was secure and barely movable after 4-5 hours.


Here are some pics from today.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment