My Books

My Books
These books may be purchased from Schiffer Publishing, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Walmart, Target and in many other fine stores.

Check out my design on Zazzle!

Saturday, February 4, 2012

A Recent Commission: Orange Murano Glass

A recent art client had a favorite large orange Murano glass vessel that was damaged in a move.  They wanted a taller sculpture so I created a "Glass Flower Reborn" work.  I love the color orange and I think the sculpture turned out beautifully.

 It is 14 inches high at its tallest point. The glass was frosted on one side so I turned some of the pieces over to give the sculpture more depth. The orange color did not shift color during casting (a sign of a high quality glass).  I then used silver foil to give some added embellishment to the "flower."

No comments:

Post a Comment