My Books

My Books
These books may be purchased from Schiffer Publishing, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Walmart, Target and in many other fine stores.

Check out my design on Zazzle!

Friday, January 21, 2011

Pawn Stars: The Infamous Glass Sword Episode

I have been out of the TV loop for the past year or more and just became addicted to the Pawn Stars show recently. There is an episode where this guy brings in a fused glass sword that he made and says it took him THREE YEARS (???!) to create it. The sword appears to be about 1/4 of an inch thick or so and maybe 36 inches long with a few strips of clear backed dichroic strips fused onto it.

This sword could easily have been created in a weekend and probably without a mold since it is not thick. It was probably the worst use of glass I have ever seen and the reaction of the shop owner is priceless.

You can find a video clip on youtube. I am not posting a link here since someone did some "creative editing" to the original episode on youtube and inserted a few seconds of non-family friendly comments into the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment