My Books

My Books
These books may be purchased from Schiffer Publishing, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Walmart, Target and in many other fine stores.

Check out my design on Zazzle!

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Perhaps the Most Famous Recycled Glass Bottle in the World? The "I Dream of Jeannie" Bottle was Created from a Recycled Glass Bottle!


by Donald Deane, posted Apr 7th 2011 2:00PM--www.tvsquad.com

"According to Barbara Eden, she's still in possession of the genie bottle from the legendary sitcom 'I Dream of Jeannie.' However, Eden said the bottle will soon be on its way to the Smithsonian and she revealed its humble origins on 'The Wendy Williams Show' (weekdays, syndicated)."

"I have the original bottle. It's at the bank in a vault. It was in [my] office for a long time and then people said, 'You know. That shouldn't be around. There's only one,'" said Eden. "So, I put it in the bank, but it's on its way to the Smithsonian."

"But, despite its iconic status, Eden revealed the prop started out as a decidedly commonplace liquor bottle. "It was a Jim Beam bottle," she said. "But, it was hand painted. That makes a difference.""

Click here to read the full story and watch the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment