My Books

My Books
These books may be purchased from Schiffer Publishing, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Walmart, Target and in many other fine stores.

Check out my design on Zazzle!

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Surprises with Recycled Glass Casting

As I mentioned in earlier posts, I acquire my glass from various sources. Last year, I was given a huge broken glass table top from someone who had an original Noguchi glass table. This clear glass with the typical green tint along the edges looked like plate glass but when I cast it, I received a nice surprise. The glass turned white with just a hint of the pale green color below the surface. It looked like frosted ice which gave an interesting effect to the sculpture below. No frits, enamels or paints were added to achieve this color.

No comments:

Post a Comment