My Books

My Books
These books may be purchased from Schiffer Publishing, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Walmart, Target and in many other fine stores.

Check out my design on Zazzle!

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Donated Glass--Green Recycling Network

I have been asked from where am I getting all of my glass for my sculptural works. First, I have been building up sources of glass (table tops mostly) via the Freecycle donation network. Secondly, an occasional auto glass place will give me a donation or two. Thirdly, I go through several neighborhood recycle bins on recycle day and have found quite a few green bottles (specific ones) that way.

Recently, the Green Recycling Network http://greenrecyclingnetwork.com graciously donated two large bins of glass to my public art project. This private company serves a critical role in our community by specializing in the deconstruction of whole buildings and interiors such that the maximum amount of material is diverted from land disposal at a competitive cost to traditional demolition. They also have items for sale on their website. Please visit their website for further information.

No comments:

Post a Comment